Wednesday, November 14
1. This marks 10 years since the earliest incarnation of when the The HCP started bringing its brand of bratty indie rock to drunken college parties at UCSB. Since then we have played hundreds of shows throughout North America. Southern California has always been our home. Suburban born and bred.
2. Songs For Kids, a charitable organization that sends indie rocker types to perform at Children’s Hospitals throughout the country, will be on hand every week to talk about what they do and how you can get involved in making a difference. Several members of the band have worked or volunteered for the organization. Songs For Kids is a wonderful organization and we believe in what they do.
3. The Henry Clays will be recording a LIVE ALBUM throughout the month.
4. You can pre-order the live album simply by donating whatever you want to the Songs For Kids Foundation at songsforkidsfoundation.org and keep a copy of the receipt. Or you can wait for the live album to be released in early 2013, at which point we’ll be donating the proceeds to Songs For Kids.
5. The first 3 shows (12/3, 12/10, 12/17) are FREE!
6. The last show is on New Years Eve and is only $10. The Henry Clay People have a rich history of ringing in the new year at The Satellite with an always rowdy post-midnight covers set. Audience participation strongly encouraged.
7. On 12/10 we’ll be doing an all HCP request set. Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. This will be end of drummer Eric Scott’s 10 year tenure in the band. He will move on to pursue a career in architecture full time.
9. The lineups feature some of the best local bands and comedians that LA has to offer.